SENIOR PORTFOLIO MANAGER VACANCY
We are an established family friendly Business Advisory and Chartered Accountancy
firm based in West Watford with excellent office facilities and free staff parking
(Nearest tube – Moor Park / Met line). We offer clients an extensive range of Business
Advisory, Accounting and taxation services and offer services to SME’s (small to
medium size) businesses and individuals throughout London and the Home Counties.
Dynamically led by CEO, Rakesh Dua, working at Dua & Co. provides a very
pleasant working environment and opportunity to work in an accountancy practice
with a clear and strong business strategy and commitment to client care, growth
We are looking for a full-time qualified accountant with 4-5+yrs Managing a portfolio
of 200+ clients (Limited Companies, partnerships, sole traders) for broad range of
clients including healthcare, property and tech industries.
Candidate needs to have a proven record and confident technical ability to
manage and progress their Portfolio and communicate extremely well with staff,
partners and clients.
The following attributes are required for this role
Exceptional communicator with excellent English and able to communicate well
with clients, colleagues and management. Must have confident client facing
(meetings and presentation), abilities, and exceptional email and telephone
communication skills as this role involves client contact representing the firm. This role
will best suit a candidate who is talented at initiating portfolio growth and new
5+ years owning Portfolio delivering accurate and efficient standards
- Qualified Accountant - ACCA or ACA
- 5+ plus experience within an Accountancy firm
- Ability to manage a Portfolio of 200 clients
- Ability to manage final accounts, management accounts and tax for SME’s
- Work to deadlines and manage client accounts delivery
- Work with clients and deliver management accounts and commentary
- Excellent communication skills and well presented
- Progressive person with ability to grow portfolio
- Networking ability
- Sales activity and new client acquisition.
- Responsibility for achieving revenue targets set out for portfolio. Target size of portfolio £250,000 from which growth will be rewarded.
- Managing a portfolio, growing it and business development activities. Mentoring and support will be provided to assist.
- Evaluating the results of sales activity/portfolio growth with full regular performance reports to the Directors/BDM.
- Working with colleagues, suppliers and outsourcing vendors to ensure smooth operation of their portfolio.
- Protecting data and maintaining secure systems and confidentiality/integrity of data.
- Carrying out of and responsibility for sales presentations to new clients and prospective clients where generated by them/referrals from clients and/or leads provided by the Firm.
- Maintaining client relationships and recommending ways for the Firm to improve.
- Responsibility for client deadlines, compliance and correspondence. Planning and reviewing jobs sent to Outsourcers. Communicating with clients and all technical matters expected of a qualified accountant..
- Identifying opportunities for cross-selling, Tax Planning and other value added services to the existing and new clients.
- Debt collection for clients managed within the portfolio.
- Excellent client interaction and relationship skills Personal Attributes:
- Must be self-motivated, able to prioritise and deliver an accurate and efficient workload.
- Dedicated to help management drive the business forward and a confident personality and well presented.
- Demonstrates ability to add to workload increase as more client work accepted.
- A personality who deals with clients and colleagues pleasantly.
- Ability to be completely discreet and handle client information confidentially
IT Skills, Preferably all or some of:
- SageLine50 Accounting system
- Quickbooks system
- Xero cloud accounting system
- Iris system – Payroll, Company Sec, Accounting, Portfolio Management
- Excel spreadsheets to financial standards
- Microsoft word
- Outlook email
- Presentation skills
- Excellent general IT skills
- Salary range £35,000 - £50,000++
- 4 weeks paid holiday
- Large office in West Watford with excellent facilities and free staff parking